Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service/HHS
- June, 2016 - The Connecting Kids to Coverage National Campaign developed a School-Based Outreach and Enrollment Toolkit to help bridge relationships between schools and organizations. The Toolkit highlights strategies for integrating enrollment into existing school processes—like including enrollment questions on new student registration forms—and developing sustainable outreach partnerships. It also includes tips for identifying and working with different members of the school community from nurses and school social workers to principals and superintendents. In addition, the Toolkit includes template communication tools (such as social media posts).
Administration of Children & Families/HHS
Learn how ACF/HHS is working to promote interoperability between state health and human service systems including reports, guidance, toolkits on the following topics:
- Guidance on using Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software products in human service programs
- State reports on the ACF State Sytems Interoperability and Integration (S2I2) Project Grants
- Guidance on Funding and Cost Allocation
- Toolkits on Cost Allocation, Interoperability & Confidentiality
- Information on the National Human Services Interoperability Architecture (NHSIA) and the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) Human Services Domain
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning & Evaluation/HHS
2013-2015: ASPE Project - Integrating H/HS Programs & Reaching Eligible Individuals under the ACA
- Overlapping Eligibility & Enrollment: Human Services and Health Programs Under the ACA (12/13)
- Examples of Promising Practices for Integrating and Coordinating Eligibility, Enrollment and Retention: Human Services and Health Programs under the ACA (7/14)
- Using Behavioral Economics to Inform the Integration of Human Services and Health Programs under the ACA (7/14)
- Opportunities under the ACA for Human Services Programs to Modernize Eligibility and Expedite Eligibility Determination (7/14)
- Integrating Health & Human Services Programs and Reaching Eligible Individuals under the ACA: Final Report (2/15)
Virginia's Plan for Well-Being
- To read Virginia's Plan for Well-Being Measures, please check out the digital version here. With funding provided by the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services' (CMS) State Innovation Model (SIM) grant, Virginia's Plan takes a comprehensive approach to its State's well-being. It "lays out 13 priority goals that address issues significantly impacting the health and well-being of the people of Virginia. It provides a framework to guide the development of projects, programs, and policies to advance Virginians' health.
- Additional information can be found on the website of the Virginia Department of Health.
- The Virginia Center for Health Innovation website provides a great "big picture" of all the work Virginia is doing.
NATIONAL PROGRAM INTEGRATION TASKFORCE (NPIT)
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF STATE CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICERS (NASCIO)
Past National Collaborative Meeting Materials
NATIONAL COLLABORATIVE/NWI 5TH ANNUAL MEETING (APRIL 16-17, 2015)
At the 5th Annual Meeting, APHSA launched the National Collaborative for Integration of Health & Human services (National Collaborative) aimed to expand upon NWI's efforts to transform the nation's health and human services system. The NC focused on elements of successful integration efforts as well as real-world examples of horizontal integration impacting population health and well-being.
2015 NC/NWI Meeting Summary
Day 1 - April 16, 2015
Where We've Been and Where We're Going
Anita Light, Director, National Collaborative
Megan Lape, National Collaborative & Chair, H/HS Integration Maturity Model Task Force *Also see the NC H/HS Integration Maturity Model v2
Allison Davis, NJ DHS, Co-Chair, Analytics Committee
Brian Howells, PCG, Co-Chair, Workforce Committee
Politics, Money & Rising Caseloads: What's Driving the Integration Agenda?
Ron Smith, Director of Legislative Affairs, APHSA
Rick Friedman, H/HS Consultant, APHSA
From the Client's Perspective: Examples of Horizontal Integration
Bill Hazel, MD, Secretary, Health & Human Resources Agency, Commonwealth of Virginia
Kevin Burt, Policy & Program Assistant Director, Department of Workforce Services, State of Utah
Uma Ahluwalia, Director, Department of Health & Human Services, Montgomery County, Maryland
Successful Partnerships: Lessons Learned from States/Locals
Anita Light, Director, National Collaborative
Stephanie Muth, Deputy Executive Director, Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Anita Friedman, Deputy Director, Department of Human Services, Arlington County, Virginia and Jeanne Booth, Economic Independence Division Chief, Department of Human Services, Arlington County, Virginia
Day 2 - April 17, 2015
How is Data Sharing Enabling Integrated Service Delivery and Successful Partnerships?
Allison Davis, Senior Researcher and Executive Manager, Division of Family Development's Research, Operations and Reporting Unit, Department of Human Services, State of New Jersey
Melissa Beard, Data Governance Coordinator, Education, Research and Data Center, Office of Financial Management, State of Washington
Arthur Lomboy, Business Intelligence Data Manager, Department of Social Services, Monterey County, California
Examples from the Field: Moving Up the Curve
Heidi Welsch, Director, Family Support and Assistance Division, Department of Community Services, Olmsted County, Minnesota
Jane Wilson, Program Development Manager, Planning, Research, Evaluation and Engagement, Office of the Director, Human Services Department, Sonoma County, California
(Also see www.upstreaminvestments.org)
NWI's 4th ANNUAL CONVENING (APRIL 23-24, 2014)
At the 2014 Annual Convening, NWI focused on the challenges being faced based on the national and state/local findings from the 2013 H/HS Integration Self-Assessment and how jurisidctions were addressing them as they transform their health and human service agencies.
Agenda for NWI 2014 Annual Convening
Necessity of Business Process Reengineering in Transformation
Cemere James, Deputy Director, Work Support Strategies/CLASP
Opportunities for Service Delivery Integration
Alice Lind, Director, Grants & Program Development, WA Health Care Authority
Liz Misa, Deputy Medicaid Director, New York Department of Health
Stephanie Radtke, Deputy Director, Dakota County Community Services, Minnesota
Workforce in an Integrated Environment
Nikki Hatch, Deputy Executive Director, Operations, CO Department of Human Services